Tuesday 20 March 2012

A lovely Mothers Day

I had a lovely Mother's day, abeit not how I would have planned it to end.
We had The Artisan's Spring Fair which was lovely for many reasons. I have posted a piece on our blog about it. For me the best thing was that Olli had a quick portrait sketched by John Gustard. I think that he has captured the essence of him.



He is nearly 12 now (12 days to go). I can't believe it.
I have a very tatty copy of a photograph of my father, at a younger age


I can see the similarity. Perhaps that is because I know them both so well?

Unfortunately, there was a hitch later in the evening but I am pleased to say that things seems to be on the mend now.

Have a good week and I hope that the sun continues to shine for the rest of the week. The garden is bekoning.

C
X

2 comments:

  1. I can see the likeness too! It's a lovely portrait, John is so clever. Glad things are well with you all again now. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    I hope we can catch up soon.

    Anne
    X

    ReplyDelete